An In Vitro Absorbance Assay for ES, iPS and other Transformed Cell Line Viability and Function
The Easy and Rapid In Vitro Research Absorbance Assay for Stem Cell Lines
|ES, iPS and other stem cell lines (Adherent)
|ES, iPS and other stem cell lines (Non-Adherent)
Uses of STEMLight™
- Study proliferation potential and/or ability of ES, iPS or other stem cell lines.
- Determine the effects of growth factors on stem cell maintenance and growth.
- Study the appearance of intermittent stem cell populations of specific cell lineages.
- Study the kinetics from stem cell proliferation to stem cell differentiation.
- Study the effects of factors required to maintain "stemness".
- Study the effects of CRISPR and other genetic manipulations.
- Uses an absorbance plate reader or multiparameter plate reader, available in most laboratories.
- Non-subjective, instrument-based and quantitative readout procedure.
- Available for adherent or non-adherent cells.
- Multiplexes with flow cytometric assays.
- Multiplexes with gene expression assays etc for more information from a single sample.
- Flexibility to use virtually any in vitro stem cell protocol, reagents and growth factors/cytokines.
- High throughput capability.
- Simple, time efficient and cost effective.
Absorbance/colorimetric assays can be used to study virtually any cell type with proliferation capability or high metabolic activity.
- Incorporates a terazolium WST-1 reagent that is reduced to a soluble yellow formazan, which can be measured at an maximum absorbance of 440nm (420nm to 480nm) in an absorbance plate reader.
- After culture, add 10Î¼l of the WST-1 reagent, mix and read absorbance at 440nm after 1-4 hours in a 96-well plate reader. Plates can be returned to incubator and re-read at a later time for increased sensitivity.
- No solubilization step as in a MTT reaction. Replaces MTT assays.
For Research Use Only. Not for clinical diagnostic use.
Absorbance or multimode plate reader with a 490nm filter.
- WST-1 Reagent
- Sterile, clear, 96-well plates
- Non-sterile, 96-well plate for background determination
- Sterile, adhesive foil covers to maintain sterility of unused wells