An In Vitro Fluorescence Viability and Functional Assay for ES, iPS and other Transformed Cell Lines
The Easy and Rapid In Vitro Research Fluorescence Assay for Stem Cell Lines
|Cell Population||Species||Medium Formulation||Catalog Number||Quantity|
|ES, iPS and other stem cell lines (Adherent)||Any||User defined||KSF-A-1||1 Kit|
|ES, iPS and other stem cell lines (Non-Adherent)||Any||User defined||KSF-NA-1||1 Kit|
Uses of STEMFluor™
- Study proliferation potential and/or ability of ES, iPS or other stem cell lines.
- Determine the effects of growth factors on stem cell maintenance and growth.
- Study the appearance of intermittent stem cell populations of specific cell lineages.
- Study the kinetics from stem cell proliferation to stem cell differentiation.
- Study the effects of factors required to maintain "stemness".
- Study the effects of CRISPR and other genetic manipulations.
- Incorporates a non-destructive, highly accurate alamarBlue™ fluorescence reagent.
- Uses a fluorescence plate reader or multimode plate reader with an excitation filter at 560nm and an emission filter at 590nm.
- Non-subjective, instrument-based and quantitative readout procedure.
- Easily multiplexes with other fluorescent labels/markers.
- Combine with gene expression assays etc or other endpoints for more information from a single sample.
- Flexibility to use the investigators own growth medium and protocols.
- High throughput capability.
- Results in 1-3 hours after adding reagent.
- Simple, time efficient and cost effective.
The fluorescence assays can be used to study virtually any cell type with proliferation capability or high metabolic activity.
- Incorporates the measurement of non-fluorescent Resazurin (alamarBlue™) to fluorescent Resorufin in an oxidation/reduction reaction that occurs only in live cells. The amount of fluorescence (relative fluorescence units, RFU) is dependent on the metabolic status of the cells and therefore is not only a measure of metabolic viability, but cell proliferation or inhibition.
- After culture, add 10Î¼L of reagent, mix and measure signal between 30 minutes and 4 hours in a fluorescence plate reader.
- Uses a plate fluorometer or multi mode plate reader to measure fluorescence with an excitation filter 560nm and an emission filter of 590nm.
For Research Use Only. Not for clinical diagnostic use.
Fluorescence or multimode plate reader with a 560nm excitation and 590nm emission filter.
- Resazurin Reagent
- 3% SDS solution to stop the reaction
- Resorufin to standardize the assay
- Non-sterile, 96-well plates used for assay standardization
- Sterile, 96-well plates, depending on assay use
- Sterile, adhesive foil covers to maintain sterility of unused wells