An In Vitro Absorbance Assay for Tumor Cell Viability and Function
The Easy and Rapid In Vitro Research Absorbance Assay for Tumor Cells
|Cell Population||Species||Medium Formulation||Catalog Number||Quantity|
|Any tumor cells (adherent)||Any||User defined||KCLL-A-1||1 Kit|
|Any tumor cells (non-adherent)||Any||User defined||KCLL-NA-1||1 Kit|
Uses of CellaLIGHT™
- For use with primary tumor cells and transformed cell lines.
- Determine proliferation ability and/or potential under different conditions.
- Study the interaction of tumor cells with other normal cell types, e.g. immune cells, mesenchymal stem/progenitor cells.
- Study the effect of agents on tumor cell growth.
- Study tumor stem cells.
- Incorporates the non-destructive and proven Roche® WST-1 tetrazolium reagent to produce a soluble yellow formazan product.
- Uses an absorbance plate reader or multimode plate reader, with a 420nm to 480nm filter.
- Non-subjective, instrument-based and quantitative readout procedure.
- Combine directly with other endpoint assays.
- Flexibility to use investigators own growth medium and culture protocols.
- Available for adherent or non-adherent cells.
- High-throughput capability.
- Results in 1-4 hours after addition of the single-step WST-1 reagent.
- Simple, time efficient and cost effective.
- Incorporates a terazolium WST-1 reagent that is reduced to a soluble yellow formazan, which can be measured at an maximum absorbance of 440nm (420nm to 480nm) in an absorbance plate reader.
- After culture, add 10Î¼l of the WST-1 reagent, mix and read absorbance at 440nm after 1-4 hours in a 96-well plate reader. Plates can be returned to incubator and re-read at a later time for increased sensitivity.
- No solubilization step as in a MTT reaction. Replaces MTT assays.
For Research Use Only. Not for clinical diagnostic use.
Absorbance or multimode plate reader with a 490nm filter.
- WST-1 Reagent
- Sterile, clear, 96-well plates. Choice of non-adherent or adherent plates.
- Non-sterile, 96-well plate for background determination.
- Sterile, adhesive foil covers to maintain sterility of unused wells.