Mesenchymal Cell Research Assays
For years, the colony-forming unit - fibroblast (CFU-F) assay, has been used as a functional assay to detect early cells of the Mesenchymal Cell Systems. These cells have been designated Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC). However, whether they are true stem cells is questionable. Instead, they have been called Mesenchymal Progenitor Cells (MPC) and Mesenchymal Stromal Cells (MSC).
Nevertheless, these Mesenchymal Cells have two, very basic properties. They are adherent and they proliferate. Preferred Cell Systems™ uses these two functions in fast and easy-to-use assays that allow the researcher to characterize and define other functions of mesenchymal cells for numerous applications.
Gone are the days that required colonies of fibroblastoid-like cells to be counted under a microscope. This CFU-F assay was the forerunner to highly sophisticated and technologically superior assays that can quantitatively measure mesenchymal cell growth almost in real time.
Take advantage of any plate reader available in the laboratory, because subjective colony counting is no longer, "in".
We guarantee all of our products. Getting the highest quality results for your research is our goal. That includes providing excellent technical assistance. Contact us with your questions and feedback: (719) 264-6251 or email@example.com.
Supplements and Media
- MSCGro™: Growth and differentiation media
Cell Proliferation Assays
- ATP Bioluminescence Assays with Optional Standardization
- MSCGlo™: The most advanced MSC assay available using an ATP bioluminescence readout
- Fluorescence Assays with Excellent Flow Cytometry Capability
- MSCFluor™: Fluorescence alternative with flow cytometric phenotypic capability
- Absorbance Assays with Flow Cytometry Capability
- MSCLight™: A cost-effective absorbance/colorimetric alternative