HemoFLUOR™ PMT "Global"
"Global" Reconstitution Monitoring Assays after
Stem Cell Transplantation
Download the PMT Assay Flyer
Instructional Video on How to Use PMT Assays
A specific video tutorial on using the PMT assays is not yet ready. Please scroll down and check out the QuickGuide and Technical Manual (if available). Below, is the link to perform the fluorescence readout:
How to Perform a Fluorescence-Based Readout (for HemoFLUOR™ PMT "Global")
Determine "global" hematopoietic and lympho-hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell reconstitution in patients that have undergone stem cell transplantation.
- Replacement for the CFU assay for hematopoietic lineage reconstitution.
- Measurement of progenitor cell proliferation, rather than differentiation, provides faster results.
- Measures individual hematopoietic lineages providing a faster prediction of possible reconstitution than the “classic” CFU assay.
- No colony counting required.
- Transforms the subjective CFU assay into a non-subjective, instrument-based, quantitative assay.
- Easier to use than any traditional CFU assay, even using automated colony counting.
- Complete assay kit; includes everything needed to culture and obtain results.
- Easy to learn, fast to use and cheaper than methylcellulose CFU assays.
- Incorporates proven Suspension Expansion Culture™ (SEC™) Technology.
- Incorporates the measurement of non-fluorescent Resazurin (alimaBlue™) to fluorescent resorufin in an oxidation/reduction reaction that occurs only in live cells. The amount of fluorescence (relative fluorescence units, RFU) is dependent on the metabolic status of the cells and therefore is not only a measure of metabolic viability, but cell proliferation or inhibition.
- After culture, add 10μL of reagent, mix and measure signal between 30 minutes and 4 hours in a fluorescence plate reader.
- Uses a plate fluorometer or multimode plate reader to measure fluorescence with an excitation filter 560nmand an emission filter of 590nm.
- Peripheral blood
- Bone marrow (biopsy)
For research use only. Not for clinical diagnostic use.
A fluorescence or multimode plate reader with an excitation filter at 560nm and an emission filter at 590nm.
- HemoFLUOR™ PMT "Global" Master Mixes for each cell population tested
- Resazurin Reagent
- 3% SDS to stop the reaction
- Resorufin to standardize the assay
- Non-sterile 96-well plate to standardize the assay
- Sterile, 96-well plate(s)
- Sterile, adhesive cover foils to maintain sterility of unused wells
When ordering HemoFLUOR™ PMT, simply click on Catalog Number in the table below and you will be taken directly to the desired product.
To determine "global" reconstitution:
- 4-Population Assay for SC-GEMM 1, P-BFU 1, P-GM 1 and P-Mk 1
- 5-Population Assay for SC-HPP 2, SC-GEMM 1, P-BFU 1, P-GM 1 and P-Mk 1
- 7-Population Assay for SC-HPP 2, SC-GEMM 1, P-BFU 1, P-GM 1, P-Mk 1, P-Tcell, P-Bcell and background control
HemoFLUOR™ PMT Assays Available
|Population Measured||Catalog Number||Format||Number of Plates/Kit||Number of Samples/Kit|
SC = Stem cell; P=progenitor cell
(1): To predict "global" hematopoietic reconstitution.
(2): To predict "global" hematopoietic reconstitution.
(3): To predict "global" lympho-hematopoietic reconstitution.
(#): These assay kits can detect 8-24 samples for each cell population detected using 4-8 replicates/sample.