The In Vitro Flow Cytometry Hematotoxicity Assay for
Human and Mouse Stem and Progenitor Cells
What Is HemaToxFlow™?
- HemaToxFlow™ Reagents are used to determine potential hematotoxicity for stem and progenitor cells using readily available human and mouse CD membrane markers and flow cytometry.
- HemaToxFlow™ can be adapted for high-throughput flow cytometry and high-content screening.
- HemaToxFlow™ can also be verified using HALO®-Tox HT and even the colony-forming cell (CFC) assay.
- Using CD markers to define specific differentiated cell populations, is an alternative to the methylcellulose CFC or CFU differentiation assay.
- Easy, rapid and accurate dispensing using normal pipettes or liquid handlers.
- HemaToxFlow™ allows for superior cell interactions, thereby providing: (1) shorter lag time to initiate proliferation; (2) more rapid culture completion; (3) greater sensitivity.
- Assay kits includes 1 x 96-well plate.
- Setup as many replicates/dose as necessary.
- Short 5 day incubation for mouse cells and 7-9 day incubation for human cells.
- Use any flow cytometer available.
- Results can be verified using HALO®-Tox HT or the CFC assay, as required.
HemaToxFlow™ is available as low serum and serum-free formulations for:
HemaToxFlow™ can be used with the following fractionated cells or purified cell populations:
Human Mononuclear Cell (MNC) Fraction, CD34+ purified or CD133+ purified
- Bone marrow
- Umbilical cord blood
- Peripheral blood (normal or mobilized)
- Bone marrow (cells can be fractionated to an MNC fraction and may also be purified)
- Spleen (purified cell population may be necessary)
- Fetal liver
- Embryonic tissue
- SC-GEMM 1: Primitive hematopoietic stem cell.
- P-BFU 1: Primitive erythropoietic progenitor cell
- P-GM 1: Primitive granulocyte-macrophage progenitor cells
- P-Mk 1: Primitive megakaryopoietic progenitor cell
For background controls, use HemoGro™ medium alone
The table below shows the CD antibodies used to detect different cell populations from different human and mouse HemaToxFlow™ Assay Kits.
|Product / Catalog Number||Suggested Antibodies||Cell Population Detected|
|HemaToxFlow™Assay Kit for Human Stem Cells*. HTF(SF)-GEMM1-100H||CD34
|Hematopoietic stem cells
Primitive hematopoietic stem cells.
(Lineage-specific cells produced from the SC-GEMM 1 stem cell population can be detected using CD antibody panels in addition to CD34 and CD133. This will be similar to differentiating and counting different colonies in a CFU assay).
|HemaToxFlow™ Assay Kit for Human Erythroid Cells. HTF(SF)-BFU1-100H||CD235a (GlyA)||Erythroid cells|
|HemaToxFlow™ Assay Kit for Human Myelod Cells. HTF(SF)-GM1-100H||CD13
|Myelod progenitor cells
|HemaToxFlow™ Assay Kit for Human Megakaryocytes. HTF(SF)-MK1-100H||CD41
|HemaToxFlo™ Assay Kit for Murine Stem Cells*. HTF(SF)-GEMM1-100M||CD34||Hematopoietic stem cells|
|HemaToxFlo™ Assay Kit for Murine Erythroid Cells. HTF(SF)-BFU1-100M||CD235a
|HemaToxFlo™ Assay Kit for Murine Myeloid Cells. HTF(SF)-GM1-100M||Mac-1/CD11b
|HemaToxFlo™ Assay Kit for Murine Megakaryocytic. HTF(SF)-Mk1-100M||CD41
(*) Although stem cell toxicity can be determined using the suggested antibodies, it will be noticed that to stimulate stem cells, several other growth factors and cytokines are included, many of which are lineage-specific factors. Lineage-specific cells, produced by the stem cell reagent, can also be detected using panels of the suggest antibodies for either human or mouse. Cells in specific lineages, e.g. erythroid, myeloid or megakaryocytic can then be detected using gating procedures. However, it should be noted that detecting toxicity in different lineages using the HemaToxFlo™ Stem Cell Reagent may not produce the same results obtained with the HemaToxFlow™ Reagents for individual lineages.
(SF) Add "SF" to the catalog number for serum-free reagents.
The following QuickGuide shows the steps for using HemaToxFlow™ Reagents.
- HemaToxFlow™ Reagent. Please choose cell population and serum formulation.
- Sterile, 96-well plate
- Sterile, adhesive foil cover to maintain sterility of unused wells
Certificate of Analysis (CoA) for HemaToxFlow™ are sent to the customer upon request
Download the SDS Sheet
When ordering HemaToxFlow™, simply click the Catalog Number in the table below and you will be taken directly to the desired product.
LOW SERUM ASSAY KITS
SERUM-FREE ASSAY KITS