Complete, Predictive, Hematopoietic Stem Cell "Quality", Viability and
Instructional Video on How to Calibrate & Standardize and Perform Proficiency Testing for STEMpredict™
Functionality Umbilical Cord Blood and Mobilized Peripheral Blood Collection Assay
A specific video tutorial on using the STEMpredict™ is not yet available. Please scroll down and check out the QuickGuide and Technical Manual (if available). Below, are the links to perform the ATP bioluminescence readout:
How to Calibrate and Standardize an ATP Bioluminescence Assay - Part 1
How to Calibrate and Standardize an ATP Bioluminescence Assay - Part 2
Proficiency Testing of Hematopoietic Cellular Therapy Products
- A specialized 3-day ATP bioluminescence assay to triage low stem cell quality from high stem cell quality umbilical cord blood units prior to or after cryopreservation.
- Similarly, STEMpredict™determines if stem cells, collected by apheresis after mobilization demonstrate sufficient mobilization, functionality and viability.
- The only assay that can be used for high-throughput umbilical cord blood screening using either 96- or 384-well plate formats.
- Predicts stem cells growth, functionality, viability and therefore quality, in a simple 3-day assay for umbilical cord blood, mobilized peripheral blood and bone marrow.
- Allows optimization of mobilization protocol for peripheral blood.
- Can be performed in high-throughput mode for cord blood unit quality screening using either 96- or 384-well plate formats.
- Replaces methylcellulose assays with non-subjective, quantitative data.
- Incorporates standardized ATP bioluminescence technology with integrated proficiency testing and measurement assurance parameters that indicate whether the assay is working correctly and can provide trustworthy sample results.
- Results within 30 min after cell culture.
- Always reliable and reproducible, with low coefficients of variation (CVs).
- Simple, time efficient and cost effective.
An example of an ATP standard curve and control results are shown in the diagram below and actual values for the kit being used are given in the Technical Manual. If the values obtained are within the ranges given in the Technical Manual, the user can process the samples knowing that the results will be trustworthy.
When ordering STEMpredict™, please copy the Catalog Number, click on Catalog Number Search and paste the number, followed by Search. You will be taken directly to the desired product.
|Plate Format||Catalog Number||Format||Number of Plates/Kit|
|96-well plate||K2-SP-1||Low serum||1|
|384-well plate||K3-SP-4||Low serum||1|
To perform STEMpredict™, high throughput, a liquid handler (robot) is required
For bulk orders, please contact Preferred Cell Systems
- Umbilical cord blood
- Mobilized peripheral blood
- Bone marrow
- Purified cells from any of the above
The recommended cell purity is a mononuclear cell (MNC) fraction or higher purity. A total nucleated cell (TNC) fraction is not recommended as this contains high concentrations of cell impurities, such as red blood cells, neutrophils, platelets and other cells that dilute, mask and severely underestimate and even inhibit the detection of rare primitive stem cells.
STEMpredict™ for Cord Blood Stem Cells
The graph shows an example of how STEMpredict™ predicts stem cell growth, functionality and viability for umbilical cord blood cells. If cells are metabolically viable (which is not the same as being viable by dye exclusion methods), they will demonstrate cellular and mitochondrial integrity by producing intracellular ATP (iATP). The iATP concentration, in turn, directly correlates with proliferation ability. If a quantitative difference in proliferation ability between stimulated and unstimulated (background) stem cells exists, as shown in the graph, the stem cells from the product are predicted to proliferate and grow. In this way, STEMpredict™ not only detects whether the cells are metabolically viable, but also whether they will exhibit cellular functionality and proliferate. The assay therefore measures three parameters simultaneously.
This same concept and principle is applied to mobilized peripheral blood, bone marrow and purified hematopoietic cell products. It is also the cornerstone of all Preferred Cell Systems™ cellular therapeutic assays.
For Research Use Only. Not for clinical diagnostic use.
Luminescence or multimode plate reader with "glow" luminescence measuring capability.
- STEMpredict™ stem cell and control Master Mix
- ATP standard
- ATP high and low controls
- ATP Enumeration Reagent
- Sterile, 96- or 384-well plates for cell culture
- Non-sterile 96-well plates (for assay calibration and standardization)
- Sterile, adhesive foil covers to maintain sterility in unused wells