Standardized Bioluminescence Toxicity Testing Assay for Multiple Cell Types
- High throughput in vitro toxicity screening and testing of multiple cell types with multiplexing capability.
- Can be incorporated at any stage of drug development, including ADME/Tox.
- Drug/agent toxicity ranking according to cell source and species.
- Development of drugs and other therapies using stem cell gene targeting and expression research, e.g. CRISPR-Cas9.
- A flexible, in vitro assay platform to perform high throughput toxicity testing.
- Can be applied to numerous cell types derived from different organs, tissues and species.
- High-throughput capability using 96- or 384-well plate formats allows ADME-Tox drug or compound screening, thereby significantly reducing unexpected results during pre-clinical testing.
- A 3Rs Assay Platform-Helps Reduction, Refinement, Replacement for animal testing.
- Available for adherent or non-adherent cell types.
- 2D and 3D cell culture models.
- Incorporates the most sensitive ATP bioluminescence readout available to measure proliferation, cytotoxicity, cell number and even apoptosis.
- Kits include standards and controls to calibrate and standardize the assay.
- Validated signal detection readout according to FDA Bioanalytical Method Guidelines.
- Allows results to be compared over time.
- Results usually in 4 to 5 days depending on species and cell type.
- Designed for multiplexing with other assay using the same sample.
- Simple, time efficient and cost effective.
An example of an ATP standard curve and control results are shown in the diagram below and actual values for the kit being used are given in the Technical Manual. If the values obtained are within the ranges given in the Technical Manual, the user can process the samples knowing that the results will be trustworthy.
- Embryonic tissue
- Fetal tissue
Other Cell Types Include:
- Proliferating cell lines
- Tumor cells
- Embryonic stem (ES) cells
- Induce pluripotent stem (iPS) cells
In vitro toxicity screening and testing using either 96- or 384-well plates
For Research Use Only. Not for clinical diagnostic use.
Luminescence or multimode plate reader with "glow" luminescence measuring capability.
- ATP standard
- ATP controls
- ATP Enumeration Reagent
- Sterile, 96- or 384-well plates, depending on assay use
- Non-sterile, 96- or 384-well plates, depending on assay use
- Sterile, adhesive foil covers to maintain sterility of unused wells