Complete, "Global" Bioluminescence Assay to Monitor
Hematopoietic and Immune Reconstitution After Stem Cell Transplantation
Instructional Video on How to Use PMT Assays
A specific video tutorial on using the PMT assays is not yet ready. Please scroll down and check out the QuickGuide and Technical Manual (if available). Below, are the links to perform the ATP bioluminescence readout:
How to Calibrate and Standardize an ATP Bioluminescence Assay - Part 1 (for HALO® PMT)
How to Calibrate and Standardize an ATP Bioluminescence Assay - Part 2 (for HALO® PMT)
Proficiency Testing for Hematopoietic Cellular Therapy Products
- To detect and quantify "global" hematopoietic reconstitution.
- To detect and quantify "global" lympho-hematopoietic reconstitution.
- To promote "Best Practice Criteria Testing."
- Measurement of proliferation using highly sensitive bioluminescence readout, rather than differentiation (CFU/CFC) allows prediction of cell growth providing faster results.
- Distinguish between balanced and unbalanced cell lineage reconstitution.
- Allows simultaneous detection of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells to be measured at any time to demonstrate and follow reconstitution.
- Faster, easier and more accurate to use than any traditional CFC assay, even with automated colony counting.
- Results obtained in only 5 days.
- Allows comparison of patient results with time due to inclusion of assay standards and controls.
- Incorporates proprietary Suspension Expansion Culture (SEC) growth media and ATP bioluminescence technology, to produce the most advanced and cost-effective assay system.
An example of an ATP standard curve and control results are shown in the diagram below and actual values for the kit being used are given in the Technical Manual. If the values obtained are within the ranges given in the Technical Manual, the user can process the samples knowing that the results will be trustworthy.
- Umbilical cord blood
- Peripheral blood
- Bone marrow biopsy
Tissues used for Detection
- Peripheral blood
- Bone marrow biopsy
The recommended cell purity is a mononuclear cell (MNC) fraction. A total nucleated cell (TNC) fraction is not recommended as this contains high concentrations of cell impurities, such as red blood cells, neutrophils, platelets and other cells that severely underestimate and even inhibit the detection of progenitor cells.
Luminescence plate reader or multimode plate reader with "glow" luminescence measuring capability.
- HALO® PMT Master Mix
- ATP standard
- ATP high and low controls
- ATP Enumeration Reagent
- Sterile, 96-well plates
- Non-sterile, 96-well plates
- Sterile, adhesive foil covers
When ordering HALO® PMT, simply click on the Catalog Number in the table below and you will be taken directly to the desired product.
To determine "global" reconstitution:
- 4-Population Assay for SC-GEMM 1, P-BFU 1, P-GM 1 and P-Mk 1
- 5-Population Assay for SC-HPP 2, SC-GEMM 1, P-BFU 1, P-GM 1 and P-Mk 1
- 7-Population Assay for SC-HPP 2, SC-GEMM 1, P-BFU 1, P-GM 1, P-Mk 1, P-Tcell, P-Bcell and background control
HALO® PMT Assays Available
|Population Measured||Catalog Number||Format||Number of Plates/Kit||Number of Samples/Kit|
|SC-GEMM, P-BFU, P-GM, P-Mk, Control(1)||K2-4PMT-5||Low serum||5||8-24(#)|
|SC-GEMM, P-BFU, P-GM, P-Mk, Control(1)||K2SF-4PMT-5||Serum-Free||5||8-24(#)|
|SC-HPP, SC-GEMM, P-BFU, P-GM, P-Mk, Control(2)||K2-5PMT-6||Low serum||6||8-24(#)|
|SC-HPP, SC-GEMM, P-BFU, P-GM, P-Mk, Control(2)||K2SF-5PMT-6||Serum-Free||6||8-24(#)|
|SC-HPP, SC-GEMM, P-BFU, P-GM, P-Mk, P-Tcell, P-Bcell, Control(3)||K2-7PMT-8||Low serum||8||8-24(#)|
|SC-HPP, SC-GEMM, P-BFU, P-GM, P-Mk, P-Tcell, P-Bcell, Control(3)||K2SF-7PMT-8||Serum-Free||8||8-24(#)|
SC = Stem cell; P=progenitor cell
(1): To predict "global" hematopoietic reconstitution.
(2): To predict "global" hematopoietic reconstitution.
(3): To predict "global" lympho-hematopoietic reconstitution.
(#): These assay kits can detect 8-24 samples for each cell population detected using 4-8 replicates/sample.