Complete, Standardized, Methylcellulose Colony-Forming Cell (CFC) or Unit (CFU)
Proliferation and Differentiation Assay for Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells
- All applications involving lympho-hematopoietic cells with a manual or image analysis readout.
- Leukemic cell proliferation and differentiation.
- Detect clonal ability of cells.
- Evaluate the differentiation status or potential of different lympho-hematopoietic cell populations.
- Correlate in vivo with in vitro differentiation.
- Differentiation effects of growth factors or cytokines.
- Evaluate ex vivo differential expansion.
- Evaluate the effects of drugs, xenobiotics or other agents on the differentiation/maturation process.
- CAMEO™-96 is the only complete assay in which both proliferation and differentiation can be determined simultaneously, using different readouts.
- Allows standardization of the CFU/CFC assay using standards and controls.
- Allows conversion of colony counts into standardized and quantitative ATP concentrations.
- Complete flexibility; evaluate growth factors or cytokines.
- Available for 19 different cell populations and 8 species.
- Incorporates powerful ATP bioluminescence readout technology to measure cell proliferation.
An example of an ATP standard curve and control results are shown in the diagram below and actual values for the kit being used are given in the Technical Manual. If the values obtained are within the ranges given in the Technical Manual, the user can process the samples knowing that the results will be trustworthy.
- Non-human primate (Macaca fascicularis (Cynomologus) and Macaca mulatta (Rhesus))
The following cell populations are available as CAMEO™-96 Complete Assay Kits. Those populations that have multiple growth factors will produce different colony types in the same culture. Please note that the number of colonies counted and their proliferation in cultures containing multiple growth factors will be different to those with single growth factors, which only stimulate cells in a specific cell compartment.
|Cell Type||Cell Population Detected (1)||MethoCult™ Equivalent||Growth Factor Cocktail||Suggested Number of Samples(2)|
|Any||None||NE||None||24, 16 or 12|
|Stem cell||HPP-SP 1||NE||3,6,SCF,Flt3-L||24, 16 or 12|
|Stem cell||HPP-SP 2||NE||EPO,GM,2,3,6,7,SCF,TPO, Flt3-L||24, 16 or 12|
|Stem cell||CFC-GEMM 1||NE||EPO,GM,3,6,SCF,TPO, Flt3-L||24, 16 or 12|
|Stem cell||CFC-GEMM 2||NE||EPO,GM,3,6,SCF,TPO||24, 16 or 12|
|Stem cell||CFC-GEM 1||NE||EPO,GM3,6,SCF||24, 16 or 12|
|Stem cell||CFC-GEM 2||H4034||EPO,GM,G,3,SCF||24, 16 or 12|
|Progenitor||BFU-E 1||NE||EPO,3,SCF||24, 16 or 12|
|Progenitor||GM-CFC 1||H4534||GM,3,SCF||24, 16 or 12|
|Progenitor||Mk-CFC 1||NE||TPO,3,SCF||24, 16 or 12|
|Progenitor||T-CFC||NE||2 alone||24, 16 or 12|
|Progenitor||B-CFC||NE||7 alone||24, 16 or 12|
NE = No equivalent product available.
(1) = Accepted nomenclature of cell populations detected by the colony-forming cell assay.
(2) = The number of samples is based on the number of replicate wells/sample. If 4 replicate wells/sample are used, 24 samples/plate can be detected. Using 6 replicate wells/sample, 16 samples can be detected and for 8 replicates wells/samples prepared in columns, 12 samples can be measured.
Inverted microscope with a magnification of 40x - 100x.
Luminescence plate reader or multimode plate reader with "glow" luminescence capability.
- CAMEO™-96 Reagent
- ATP standard
- ATP high and low controls
- ATP Enumeration Reagent
- Sterile, 96-well plates
- Non-sterile-96-well plates
- Sterile, adhesive foil covers
Download Luminometer Setup and RLU to ATP Conversion
Download Certificate of Analysis (CoAs) for ATP Bioluminescence Components. Note: Some CoAs will be included with assay kit
Download methylcellulose SDS sheet
Download ATP standards and controls SDS sheet
Download ATP Enumeration Reagents (ATP-ER) SDS sheet
When ordering CAMEO-96™, simply click the Catalog Number in the table below and you will be taken directly to the desired product.